The Odisha Society of the Americas (OSA) is the largest social and cultural association for Odias in North America. In no time it spread all over North America and every year, OSA has organized an Annual convention in different cities through the local association(s). It marks a grand celebration of Odia culture, life and tradition in a setting where East meets West.
OSA convention, this year, will fall into its 51st year.
OSA leverages the distinguished audience and a widespread mix of personalities to discuss issues affecting the NRI community including cultural identity, the future of the community, its role in an increasingly dynamic and globalized economy and engaging the next generation. There are plenty of networking opportunities, social gatherings, re-unions, literary readings and cultural performances, drama play – all dealing with Odia culture. The goal of this year’s convention is to shift the paradigm of the conference from a focus on socialization and entertainment to an emphasis on the exchange of ideas to create a cohesive Odias, inspire the next generation, and leave a legacy for the future. OSA 2020 plans to bring members from all generations from all over North America join hand together to make the 51th OSA celebration a grand success.
Most importantly, this OSA 2020 is coming during the auspicious week of the Ratha Jatra and Bahuda. The temple in Nashville is one the oldest temple in North America for Lord Jagannath, Balabhadra and Subhadra. This year's Bahuda Jatra will be a great opportunity for devotees to be part of the occasion and enjoy every moment of the process.
The event will feature
• Several thousand attendees from all across the world,
• Extensive media coverage on various outlets including TV, Web, podcast, advertisement and other social media avenues to reach thousands more worldwide,
• Business forum on emerging trends and issues,
• Next Gen forum for the youth,
• Healthcare Forum with internationally acclaimed personalities,
• Trade show to showcase a wide variety of products and merchandise from the US, Canada and India,
• Music from all genres – a bouquet of folk, classical, contemporary, and traditional, band and popular music, blending that with theater, stand-up comedy and colorful presentation of dance and choreography.
• Seminars and workshop on literature and topics,
• Many other